Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S Nath (Asstt)     25 June 2014

What will the band pay and grade pay after absorption

Respected Sir,

I am working as a Junior Assistant in IIEST, Shibpur (formerly Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal). This University was converted to Institute under MHRD from 4th March 2014. As a University employee my pay band 2 i.e. (Rs. 7200 - 25400) with Grade Pay of Rs. 3300/- but this similar post in central govt. Pay Band 1 i.e. (Rs. 5200 -20200) with Grade Pay of Rs. 2000/- . As there is no grade pay of Rs. 3300/- in Central govt service. So we  are demanding grade pay of Rs. 4200 and pay Band 2 i.e. (9300 - 34800) because we are as absorbed employees from state aided University to autonomous institute of central govt. and as per Gazette Notification it is clearly ratified that  "all the rights and liabilities of the Bengal Engineering Shibpur shall be the rights and liabilities of the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur " and also "same terms and conditions and with the same rights and privileges as to pension, leave, gratuity, provident fund and other matters as he would have held the same on the date of the commencement of the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Amendment) Act, 2014," Grade pay  is the status of an employee. So my question is will MHRD fit our grade pay of Rs. 2000/- with pay band 1 or stepping up grade pay of Rs.4200 with pay 2 which we are demanding?

Learning

1 Replies

Sajal (Asst. Labour Commissioner)     25 June 2014

Pay fixation without pay protection appears to be unjustified. However CCS Rules or other applicable rules may be consulted. Probably a midway needs to be found as such upgradation may lead to demands from other sections who are working in similar positions. Moving to CAT or other Courts always remain open.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register