LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rishi shah (owner)     01 October 2014

What to do if in-laws take wife away!

I am newly wed, I got married in 2014 feb, My wife is off same cast. Since beginning she has not been able to adjust or compromise, she keeps complaining and finds faults for no reason. Its been 4 months since my in-laws took her from my house and she has not come back yet. And this has happened once before but this time 4 months is too long a time for a wife to stay away and its taking a toll on me and my family. I have done everything i can to try and bring her back but I am to understand now that she/in-laws don't want to persue this alliance. She hasn't/doesn't want to make any effort to try and resolve this problem. She is not even in contact at the moment since the day she left. Also i am to understand that she want divorce in return for money now. I don't have anything against her but clearly this is not a marriage i opted for. I am totally helpless in this situation. Please kindly give me some helpful advise as to what steps i need to take.

Learning

5 Replies

India is great (Service)     02 October 2014

go through this forum as much as you can. 

such tour into this forum ( Family law + Criminal Law ( Dowry)) will make you well educated to save your skin for any future trouble (if any)

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Again try and this time seek assistance of seasoned neutral common relative or friend of both family to reason her – her side about sorting differences provided wife-husband start living together and in case they do not wish to then prepare for divorce via mutual consent route not before passing of one year of their marriage. 

2. File a general diary report of wife leaving matrimonial home without your consent and is available at such and such address since such and such date and request for help to unite young wed couples. Seek stamped / signed copy and retain the same in safe custody. 

3. Also make an self effort to recall temperament of wife – her side that is to judge if they can take extreme step of filing – approaching you – your side via criminal case laws or not! If such judgment you – your side come to then it is better to retain an advocate found locally via reference and seek his guidance as and when required instead of waiting for the eventuality to make ways to your door step. 

4. There is a civil way out too which is via Civil Court route i.e. to file a civil case of restitution of conjugal rights where you seek courts intervention (without much allegations writing) to re-join couples. Before filing this make a judgment on para 2 starting sentence otherwise it is seen that due to advisory circles provocation wife – her side retaliate with criminal cases on you – your side. 

BTW, handling wife is an art which un-married people donot know how to handle and married people often fail to handle in today’s 21st. century and you are not alone here, hence have patience and pray daily before Lord Hanuman to bless you – your family bliss and peace and offcourse to your wife too for not to take any adversarial legal actions in a hurry. 

[Last reply]

1 Like

A. Harini (Advocate)     02 October 2014

you have very less options. In case your wife wants to prosecute you for divorce, may resist it, but you can at the most keep the marriage legally alive  

Rajender Kalra (Men's Rights Activist )     02 October 2014

consult a good lawyer because your wife and in-laws can file 498a or dv against you...do your homework...

in order to bring your wife back you can file an RCR in court..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2014

I think Mr.TajobsIndia has thrown much light to your query by his wonderful views and suggestions. There are chances for reunion because I don't think there is any big problem involved in this temporary separation.  She should be under some misguidance or misinformed about good for nothing issues.  You should know the reason for her leaving the matrimonial house, then I think you will be having an answer also for it, i.e., for reconciling all the differences between you two, better work out the issues on this formula otherwise, it is wise to maintain silence for another 6 months period by which you will come to know her intention and then take a firm decision about living together or to live apart permanently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register