LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Freelancer)     31 May 2013

What is chapter case?

What Exactly is Chapter case? and can it be done by Bribing police? I belive just because you come into a physical conflict with someone doesnt mean you are a dangeorus criminal,How is it that Police can file a chapter case on somebody without even notyfying them?  Somebody did a fake chapter case on me is it possible to get information why is it done?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 May 2013

In common parlance, a case filed under chaper VIII of the Criminal Procedure Code is called a 'CHAPTER CASE'. The said chapter of the crpc relates to, 'Security for keeping the peace and for good behaviour'. The person against whom 'chapter case' is filed is required to execute a bond for 'good behaviour' for a certain period..  The said person against whom a chapter case is filed is first called upon to 'show cause' as to why he should not be ordered to execute such a bond. If you have received any such order , you can raise your objections before the concerned exe. magistrate.

Raj (Freelancer)     31 May 2013

The complainer had filed a series of 3 incidents against me 2 were exagerrated and false.Now if somebody is making complain on me  to the police isnt the police supposed to communicate with me? How come after a casual talk they suddenly decide to do chapter case? when I spoke to Senior police in the branch they said to me "dar dikhane ke liye karna padthe hai". does that mean regardless of facts they can still do whatever they please?

k.kumar raja (advocate)     01 June 2013

advocate archana is correct

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register