Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore Malhotra (Govt Job)     30 January 2014

What, if lawyer cheats his client

Sir,

I had filed a petition through a lawyer under GWA for custody of my children during Nov 2013. First date of hearing was told to be in Dec 2013. When I enquired about the hearing on that particular date, my Advocate told me that the respondent dud not appear and next date has been fixed during Mar 2014. I requested him to foward an application for visitation rights, in response he told me that this is not possible until or unless the respondent appear.  If we file such application the judge will get annoyed.  Now I came to know that he has not issued summons to the respondent yet.  Wheter it is possible to get another hearing without issuing summons.? Some one suggested me to change my lawyer. I will certainly do...what is the procedure for changing lawyer ? and also I have paid in full what is his fee.  Is there any hope to get my money back since he has not attended any hearing so far.

Thaning experts in anticipation of suitable reply

Learning

2 Replies

BALKRISHAN (CHIEF ACCOUNTS OFFICER)     31 January 2014

I think, all the lawyers are very busy, the client has to be top on them, by taking different advices from other lawyers, and chase them to make sure they are doing what is agreed.

I have seen, in my personal cases, lawyers running for different cases, and un-intentionally missed some of their dates, submission etc.

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     31 January 2014

please don't loss your pateince.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register