Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gokul (Head Operations)     11 October 2013

What do we need to mention in the legalheir certificate?

My father expired suddenly in the year 2010 due to Chronic Renal Failure Intestate. 

My father had earned all the properties on his own. He has 2 properties. Everything in Father's name only.  We want to sell one property now. For that I think we need a Legal heir certificate..

In my family

1. Mother - Widow,
2. Myself- married,
3. Younger Brother - married
4. elder sister - married

Can I get a Legal certificate for all purpose submission whether it be bank, EB Connections, Property Tax,  Water Tax, Telephone Connection, Property Transfer / sale purpose.

In this case What should i need to mention in the legal heir certificate form? :  PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED:

I enquired a local advocate here in chennai. he said that we need to mention as REVENUE RECORDS NAME TRANSFER, BANK DEPOSITS ETC.

Also he said If we mention like EB Connection, Telephone Bill etc... , The Legal Heir Certificate  wont be considered / invalid in the registration office while we sell the property.

Am totally confused what I need to mention ( I mean the Correct Technical word) in the Form as it should be used for all.

Pls Advise

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 October 2013

You have to made one application in The name of tehsildar that your father sh. ....,had expired on dated...., now we fourmembers (named and relation )are the legal heirs of my father, so please issue legal heir certificate to us. 2. attached death certificate of your father with The application. 3. ffidavit 4.affix adequate court fee on the application .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2013

Mr. Gokul,

The procedure is very simple, write an application addressing to the Tahsildar of your area stating that your father expired on so and so date, the death certificate attached, request him to issue a legal heirship certificate for the purposes of Transfer of revenue records, EB connections, Gas connections, Water Tap connections, bank deposits and all of them which you intend to include in the application.  Please do not forget to mention the names of all legal heirs of your father which includes his mother, wife and children.  In normal course of time, it may take 15 days to get the certificate.  The necessary fee for the purpose will be informed to you over the counter in the Taluk Office.

Gokul (Head Operations)     12 October 2013

Dear Mr. Kalaiselvan

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time and cleared my doubts. I was totally confused for the past few days. No one gave me a clear answer. Thank you once again.

Regards
Gokul D

Gokul (Head Operations)     12 October 2013

Dear Mr. Laxmi Kant Joshi

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time and helping me. 

Regards

Gokul D

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register