Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What are the legal issues in the Kashmir dispute?

We all know the official Indian stand on the Kashmir Issue. Are there any legal issues that need to be dealt with in the dispute for Kashmir? Was referring the matter to the U.N a mistake? Personally, I have always considered Kashmir to be a part of India. However, I would encourage views on this topic. Please remember, that we are looking at the legal aspect of this issue (such as laws applicable the land, history of this dispute, events that led to such a situation) and not the political and nationalistic aspect of it? So let us endeavor to keep this conversation only from a legal academia perspective.

Learning

5 Replies

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     01 October 2008

Basically   Kashmir  Issue   is   a   political   issue.

Priya Ranjan (Sr. Ex.Legal)     01 October 2008

There may be some mistakes in past by our national leaders but raising the leagl issue is itself a mistake at present. Do you want to move court for settling the dispute of Kashmir.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 October 2008

It will pass over political areas even if confined in legal aspects only. As shekhar said it is basically a political issue. When running the road to political lands it may hurt or may not hurt. In both ways it is not a legal issue.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     02 October 2008

it is better not to discuss this blunder political issue in forum

Shree. ( Advocate.)     03 October 2008

Dear Sir,

I think legally speaking  kashmir is a part of india...and as far as the fate of people of kashmir is concerned... they can decide where they wanna live in pakistan or india...but not about the disputed land.

Introduction to  the issue beyond one word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Kashmir_conflict

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register