Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Acharya (Service)     30 January 2016

What are the legal documents i should take from builder?

Dear experts, I have purchased the bunglow in May, 2012 in the ongoing project from the builder at Malvan, Maharashtra.In the same month ie May 2012, with builder I have executed the sathe karar (Agreement to Sale) on my name (Sole Owner).

I have already paid complete stamp duty & registration during sathe karar (Agreement to Sale) (ie on May 2012)at malvan Tahasil Office.

Now the bunglow is ready and we are going for the sale deed.

What are the legal documents I should take from builder before sale deed?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2016

Allotment Letter

The Allotment letter is an important document that a buyer should obtain from the builder. It includes details regarding the property being sold by the builder.

Builder-Buyer Agreement

The Builder-Buyer agreement is an important document for both the builder and the buyer. 

Copy of Possession certificate

After the builder has provided all the amenities that he has promised at the time of purchase, the size of all the rooms and their different associated features are provided as promised, the house can be considered ready for possession. 

Allotted Parking

It specifies the specified area that has been allotted to the buyer for parking his vehicle

Tripartite Agreement

Such an agreement is made in case the builder has taken a loan from a bank to develop the property. It literally means an agreement between three parties – the buyer, the bank and the builder.

Power Back-up details

This is included in the Builder-Buyer agreement. It mentions about the power back-up facility that the project provides and the source for the same

Full payment break-up

It shows the break-up of all the payments made by the buyer to the builder towards possession of the property. It also states that there are ‘No Dues’ from the buyer towards the builder.

Occupation certificate from the concern municipal office with govt. seal.

Sachin Acharya (Service)     31 January 2016

Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs and the prompt reply....

Also need help on my another query...

I have purchased the bunglow in May, 2012 in the ongoing project from the builder at Malvan, Maharashtra.In the same month ie May 2012, with builder I have executed the sathe karar (Agreement to Sale) on my name (Sole Owner).
I have already paid complete stamp duty & registration during sathe karar (ie on May 2012)at malvan Tahasil Office.
Now the bunglow is ready and we are going for the sale deed.

Please help me clarify, can I include my Father & Mother as a co owners in the sale deed? (their names are not there in the agreement to sale).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register