Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukesh Kumar (Teacher)     29 March 2018

Weird leave policy with pay loss

Hello,

I am a school teacher in a private school (which owns a big chain of schools india). They have a weird leave policy, if you are not present in last working day before vacation, or first workign day after vacation - you will not get salary for entire vacatio period.

Now due to a family emergency, I have to leave 3 days before school closure of summer vacation - and because of that I will lose my 1.5 month salary. I am ready to go 3 days loss of pay (though I have penndig leaves)... but management is not ready to listen. Please note that summer vacation is kind of earned leave for a teacher for entire year of work.

My question is: 

a) Does private companies have right to make such weird rules.

b) Can such rules be challenged in courts?

In my opinion, it is an employee right to avail leaves and timing of leaves should not come with such a huge penalty.

Please help.

Learning

1 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     29 March 2018

Your school is a big chain of schools and at the time of joining in that school you may signed the documents and after accepting the terms and condition of the school now you want to challenge.

That rules are for other staff and after a long period of service, today when you are facing trouble, you want to challenge the said rules in court of law. It is not a good idea approached the court.

Jyotirmaya Prasad Behera

Advocate,Orissa High Court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register