LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Sabharwal   03 June 2016

Website company fraud

I handed over a website development job to a company in the month of january 2016 1st week on the promise that it will be completed within 25  days .After millions of phone calls and e mails whats app chats , they delivered the website to me in the month of May 2016 . Today only I asked them to give the Cpanel ID and Password to me . and they bluntly refused that the source code is their property and not mine. He additionally refused to give me the hosting server details , and i am very worried. I have paid the full amount to them, and I DO NOT have any signed contract for this job , he is my relative so i did not sign any contract . For the sake of proof , I have all email chat and whats app chat conversations and NEFT`s slips of the amount that has been transferred to his account.

Kindly Assist.

Learning

7 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 June 2016

Ignorance of law is not excused.

U need to give lagal notice through lawyer for compilation of as promised.

Ur email conversation will be valid proof under IT act 2000.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 June 2016

Sir, 

Write a complaint to the crime branch cyber cell for necessary action against that company. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 June 2016

Either bear the loss since he is your relative.

Or apply your skills to get the matter resolved in your favor.

Or lean on your able counsel.

Certainly reduce everything in writng in future.

Let your counsel darft and structure to suit your interest.

Abhishek Sabharwal   03 June 2016

Understood ....but now to get out of this situation please guide me with the following doubt.....The " source code " of the website , is it my property or that of the web developer.....another fear is that today if I sent him a legal notice and to take revenge on me he screws my website.....I am left with nothing ....Since he has the scriptt he is absolutely in control of my website.....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 June 2016

A counsel well versed with IT matters can guide you further.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     03 June 2016

agreed with first three expert

S Raut (Forensic Expert : IFS) (Forensic Court Commissioner)     03 June 2016

You can approach cyber cell (police) and consumer court with all available evidences.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register