LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep   29 April 2016

Water supply in chs

We have 2BHK(3 inlets) and 3BHK(4 inlets) flats in our society and water charges are levied accordingly. Now society has blocked 1 inlet of 3BHK flats due to water shortage under the pretext of equal distribution. Is it correct in legal terms or otherwise? Is it not discremination against one group? Does supply of tanker water to supplement regular supply in any way change the legal position? What steps can be taken? 

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 April 2016

pl send the answer to my mail as I am unable to open my inbox.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 April 2016

Sir,

All members of a CHS have equal rights irrespective of the size or area of their flats, the  matter that you have stated is discriminatory and should not be tolerated.

The society pays for the tanker water from the society fund and this does not change the leagl rights of the members in any manner.

You may take up the matter with your Managing Cimmittee and also approach the Water department of Municipal Authorities.

Further you can also approach the Co-Operative Court for justice.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

You are absolutely right that all the members have equal rights 

You may take up the matter with the management committee for relief. 

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     01 May 2016

It is better to get installed the water meters in the separate flats. Water is a need of every body and should be assessed equally with in a group housing society. Every body has right to get water through the common pool of the society.

Charging different water charges from 2 BHK and 3 BHK houses at the flat rate is also a matter of concern whereas it should be directly controlled by the consumption of water as in many flats single person only live and on the other hand in other flat more than six members stay. In that way it is not a good that you charge as to the type of the holings but to percapita basis.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register