Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alex (Manager)     14 May 2010

Water rights for residential property

Dear All,

I have been owning a land for the past 15 years. This was actually as paddy field turned into a residential plot long back.Because the area around was also paddy fields , during the rainy season there is lot of water thats generated from the ground (ground water) as well as water thats collected from other neigbouring plots too.Due to lack of a proper sewage system (being in panchayat limits), the usual system so far is to allow the water to flow to a ditch through a small water way on one side of my plot during the rains.

Now I had sold a part of my land which includes this water way.Hence I am faced with a situation where the water from my compound has to flow through this sold piece of land to the water way and finally to the ditch. There has been dispute with the buyers of this property although they had verbally agreed to this but never got that written down. I filed a complaint with the police when they started building a compound wall blocking this natural water flow (although there is no water way dug from my compound to his as water naturally flows down through the plot to the ditch). The police had called both of us and told him to not block the water from my plot and he can construct his wall giving that provision (through a hole at the bottom of the common wall). Now the buyer is creating another issue by land filling his land so that the hole is covered there by defeating the purpose.

I would like to know what options do I have ? Should I move the police again or should I be raising this with the panchayat or Block Development officer ? Do I have a right to have my water flow through the new plot (which was part of my land before) to the ditch ? I would like to avoid a long drawn civil case but if he goes ahead with land filling, can I file an injuction stopping that till a decision is made ?
Pls help as I am in a dilemma as to the best option to take.

Thanks

Alex

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register