Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan shelar   16 February 2017

Water pump charges against unoccupied flat for 20 years

Hello Experts,

I have bought a resale flat in one of the co-operating housing society Hadapsar, Pune. Society has 2 wings A and B. Flat is in B wing. The flat was not used by first owner and was purely an investment for him. He bought in 1995 and from there till 2015 no one stayed there, vacant. But the society formed in 2003.

1.Society maintenance is merely 50 rupees which I paid on behalf of seller for years between 2003 to 2015.(600x13=7800 for 13 years) which I paid via cheque in society's account. 

2.Apart from that other flat owners in wing B asked me to pay 35000 rupees for water pump charges for these 13 years. This amount they say is not part of maintainance and they collect it for B wing as A wing has thei own pump. They are saying this money is used for electricity charges and pump maintenance. I had to pay as I was in need to have my own house and also they said I will not get no dues certificate for loan purpose. These few pwople have created separate account on one of the flat owner and asked me to credit into that account which  I did.

Question is:

Why i had been asked to pay water pump bill against empty flat that is vacant for 20 years? Also this amount is not included in society maintenance, how can they ask? When I realised that it is not correct and I had stopped giving them this amount(monthly 300 rupees) from last year. I also found that these people are using this money buy liquor and their personal use. They are saying pay the last years dues and I said I will not you already cheated me for 35000 rupees. They are now threatening to cut water connection. Few people are local gundas here, drunk daily and my family is suggesting give them whatever they want. Note:I have been paying society maintenance regularly till date.

Can someone suggest way forward? Is this illegal they charged me? What to do?

Learning

1 Replies

mohan shelar   17 February 2017

Hello Experts,

Can someone reply to the post? I am a handicaped person and would not want to fight with these crap people. If you suggest any leagal advise I can approach a lawer accordingly in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register