Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmanan   09 May 2019

Water leakage/seepage in the roof/ceiling in 1st floor flat

Hi,

Good day!

I have booked a 3BHK flat in first floor (1595 square feet) by giving Rs. 6 lakh advance (total cost: Rs. 70 lakh). I have not done the registration still. Yesterday, I noticed severe water leakage/seepage from the roof (kitchen, dining hall, all 3 rooms). The status of the construction is almost over (98%), and only the final touch like painting, etc are there. When I checked with the builder, he told me that some stagnant water in the floor above my flat might have caused the seepage. However, I noticed that the flooring work with tiles in the flat above has been already completed. No occupation yet in the entire building (20 flats), as the builder is waiting to receive the HMDA (Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority) occupancy certificate. I need to know if I have to stop buying the flat, as it is a defective construction. Please adivise. Thank you.

Regards,

Lakshmanan

Learning

3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     09 May 2019

first of all make vedeography of all the defects in construction and keep with you , then try to talk with builder regarding your refund, if builder agreed then its fine and if builder dont then serve him with legal notice to refund your amount alongwith interest . Ddraft your legal notice from some expert lawyer. feel free to call if any query left .

Lakshmanan   10 May 2019

Thank you sir...

Adv. Shrey Shah (Advocate)     07 December 2022

Sir where is the property purchased at? Depending on the same, we can either file a complaint before RERA authority as well as communicate officially to the builder.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register