LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reema   09 January 2018

Warranty denial by general motors and dealer

On 23 July 2015, I purchased Chevrolet Sail Diesel with Chassis no./Engine no.: MA6SFDAAFET005136/10FCVZ150160113(Vehicle No. MH04 GZ 1306). I have made this purchase at Thane, Maharashtra India. The vehicle covered under comprehensive warranty of 3 Year or 100,000KM.

Recently (December 3 2017) the car had some problem with A/c and radiator Fan we took the car to the authorized dealer inspection. They informed gases is less hence put the car on nitrogen test and then refilled the gas (Total Bill of 6900 Rs.) Within fifteen days the problem resurfaced and we were asked to leave the car overnight. Then we were informed about leaked in the condenser pipe, after replacing condenser pipe the radiator fan motor was also required to be replaced (Total Bill of Rs 11000)

Therefore, I asked your dealer for the replacement of the same under warranty, but they have refused to replace the same under warranty mentioning that the service of the car was not serviced in the dealer work shop. So I wrote to GMI then about the same but the dealer and GMI are repeating the same things

"As per our records you have not done Periodic Maintenance Services of vehicle as per GMI schedule. " Hence warranty denied.

I have repeatedly informed them the car is serviced as GMI Schedule and I have all the record but they are still denying warranty. There is no escalation matrix available General Motor site to raise by concern. It seems like a conspiration between GMI call centre and Deale.   

According competition commission of India notice Case 03/2011 Dated 27/07/2015 whereby it's mentioned

"OPs are directed not to impose a blanket condition that warranties would be cancelled if the consumer avails the services of any independent repairer. While necessary safeguards may be put in place from safety and liability point of view, OPs may cancel the warranty only to the extent that damage has been caused because of faulty repair work outside their authorized network and circumstances clearly justify such action. "

If i send Legal notice and they send me a counter notice what to do.

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 August 2019

File a complaint ion the consumern grievance redressal forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register