LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangeetha M (S/W Eng)     15 October 2012

Want to know my rights in ansisteral property

Hi , My great grand mother brought a property in her name(1944) from "xyz"  and died leaving behind 2 sons ( A and B)  and 2 daughters ( C and D) in early 60s.

One of the son(B) is married and has a daughter dies in 60s .Other son(A)  dieds in 1994 without marrying and any children but he takes care of brother's family and brother's daughter . After his( A) death Daughter approaches for katha transfer and therean objection raised by original son of "xyz" .Case is heared in upatahasildar court and judment is given for fillling declaration in next court for both parties in dec 2000

Meanwhile the daughter dies before judment is received in June 2000 leaving behind 3 daughters who were very young to know the court matters (aged around 17 yrs) . But I got to know about the property and checked for it we saw that property is transfered to one of the son of daughter (D) .

I had filed case in court for my right to property but opposition is arguing that they have right to property as they are children of my great grand mother's daughter. WHen their mother is died in early 80s and they have not even had any contact with our family or asked for share till my mother's death .

Can you please guide me whether they still have any right to my great grand mother's peoprty ?

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 October 2012

Sangeetha,

you haven't disclosed properly about you whether, you are the daughter of A,B,C or D????

Further, you may kindly call me on 9324538481 for providing proper information. based on which legal opinion could be provided.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Sangeetha M (S/W Eng)     15 October 2012

Hi Rohit,

I am grand daughter of  "B" who died leaving behind 2 months old  duaghter , my mother.

surjit singh (Assistant)     15 October 2012

You have a definite share in the property but you will have to show it to the court the family tree from the very begning,  there is no question of your share being extinguished. Contact a good civil lawyer at your place.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register