LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay P (Student)     07 January 2013

Want my share in father's property.

I know this seems weird. But the situation which I am facing is quiet different. My dad is selling his property in order to help his brother(my chacha and his son ). I had opposed it but in vain. The cost of the property is around 80lacs and I dont want him to sell that. Is there anyway I can legally ask for my own share.(Note- The property is owned by my father only and he was the only buyer and we do not have any property from my grandpaa.). PLease help me.

Learning

7 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     07 January 2013

Dear Akshay,

you do not have any legal rights on your father's self acquired property.

(Guest)

dear akshay.

i want to say you take your father into confidence . and execute gift deed in favour of your name by your father. of that property however it will attract stamp duty . but after that you will be the owner . as you will also  have family in future. and you need to support them also.  i would suggest  you because life is not a kbc game show. . THIS PROBLEM IS PERSONAL TO ME. MY FATHER GAVE 75% OF  HIS SHARE OF PROPERTY TO HIS BROTHER AND HIS SISTER DUE  TO SIMILIAR PROBLEM  YOUR CHACHA HAS. TODAY WE ARE BEGGING FOR MONEY . AND MY CHACHA AND BUA ARE ENJOYING THEIR LIFE LAVISHLY . REMEMBER YOU CANNOT CLAIM ANY SHARE . UNTILL AAND UNLESS  YOU HOLD GIFT DEED . SINCE ITS YOUR FATHER SELF AQUIRED PROPERTY . HE  CAN DISPOSE IT TO ANY ONE

Akshay P (Student)     11 January 2013

Can My mother make a claim on the property that dad has acquired?

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     12 January 2013

Since it is his self acquired property, your mother cannot stake a claim on it.

(Guest)

no your mother cannot claim any share in father self aquired property . however by playing emotional tantrums . she can get gift deed executed  in her favour. your mother can make reasons of your  marriage or of your real sibling.marriage. i would suggest make it for all his estate . because in my opinion father property should only and only  go to his son . and no body else 

Akshay P (Student)     12 January 2013

Let it be. We had a big fight me,mom and my bro had decided to give up as it is my father had made up his mind to give away the land. But thnx for the info.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 January 2013

Being self-acquired property your father has all the rights to dispose of as he chooses, no obstruction except his own conscience or other social pressure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register