LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhavalvalia   28 January 2015

Vodafone refusing to provide details of disputed transaction

I have had several conflicts with Vodafone over activation of value-added services  (VAS) that I have never activated but have been billed. 

In this context I have asked them to provide me details/logs of how and when I had activated VAS but every time they have refused, providing a preposterous excuse that they only share customer logs with enforcement agencies. 

I have argued that the logs pertain to transaction details between me and Vodafone and providing that under any consumer rights law would be a necessity, in case the customer disputes the transaction. But they still havent obliged.

Would like to know if there is a consumer rights law in India that indeed makes it mandatory for service providers to provide details of the transactions that are in dispute. Also I would like to avail services of a consumer rights lawyer member of this forum to get the logs from Vodafone. 

regards

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 January 2015

M/s Vodafone has to supply the full details of each activation and billing.....

It was noted by some customers as per published complaints that some dealer/CCE had activated the service........and the denial was since company wanted to protect it from legal action/penalty..

It is believed by the companies that only a few will go to court and rest will pay.....

You may lodge complaint  with TRAI and police, DCDRF preferably thru your lawyer....

The guidelines for consumers are available of TRAI website. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register