LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biju   01 October 2017

Visa processing agreement and its refund

I have communicated with a consultant for applying Hongkong QMAS Visa. Inorder to process they have asked me to transfer an initial amount of Rs.30000/= thru bank account as service charges. After transferring the amount they have send a scanned copy of agreement and asked me sign on that and return to them. after that they have send me the checklist for preparing the required documents for them to apply & processing.  Suddenly due to some personal issues in family , we planned to cancel the visa process and didnt prepare any document. We informed to the consultancy the same issue and asked them to refund the amount which we paid. 

The only process done is paid 30k amount and for that they send us the list for us to prepare. When i asked for my refund they rejected by explaining that "Checklist given means its processing and any mistake from consultancy can only be refund as per agreement". 

My Queries:

1. is the agreement valid if we sign on a scanned copy?

2. Eventhough  No process has been done from their side and stll they are rejecting by explaining the refund points in the agreement.

Please give a solution for me to get the refund. 

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2017

It would have been better to  as in writing to quote their T&C before making any payment.

Now try by engaging them in communications and to pursue to refund by applying your skills of reasoning, persuasion, negotiation.

Or issue legal notice.

It may help to bring them to negotiaton table to reslove.

Biju   02 October 2017

Thanks for your reply.

before issuing a legal notice or to talk with confidence , i wanted to know the the above mentioned point-1

(ie is the agreement valid if we sign on a scanned copy which is send to me thru email and after signing i submit to them thru email?) . i dont have any orginal hardcopy.

Biju   02 October 2017

Thanks for your reply.

before issuing a legal notice or to talk with confidence , i wanted to know the the above mentioned point-1

(ie is the agreement valid if we sign on a scanned copy which is send to me thru email and after signing i submit to them thru email?) . i dont have any orginal hardcopy.

Biju   02 October 2017

refund mentioned in agreement

Attached File : 395675 20171002161301 210293037 refund.docx downloaded: 88 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register