Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uma (na)     24 May 2011

Visa extension fee

Dear Sirs,

I am German and married legally to an Indian national since january 2010. The temple marriage took place already 3 years ago.

I came this year to India on a tourist visa, I did not no about x visa and thought that I could arrange the necessary papers to be able to stay here directly in India. I've been told that the Ministry of Home Affairs can proceed to change the T visa into X visa.

My situation is that my tourist visa runs out end of June and that I am now almost 5 month pregnant. The Minsitry of Home Affairs did not change my T visa to X, but granted me a 3 month medical visa, that can be renewed by the local FRRO.

Here are my questions:

-Is it true that an X visa can only be applied for from the home country of the passport holder (a friend of mine got the x visa last year in Bangkok)?

-Are there any special rights, like legal protection of mothers/family that can help me to receive my x visa from India, as my husband and I wish to live and raise our child in India?

-On the following webpage: https://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/visa_fee2.htm

I found the following statement: "15.German nationals married to Indian Nationals and their dependant children are exempt from paying Visa fee for extension of VISA."

The FRRO asked me to pay a fee of 40$ for the visa extension from T visa to medical visa. Is there any paragraph that can confirm the above mentioned statement?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Uma

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register