Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditi Sharma (IT Sector)     18 August 2015

Visa bond agreement

Hi,

I had signed an agreement bond with my employer for getting my visa H1B (work permit) for US and serve for 12 months for the company or pay 2,00,000 /- INR.

Now I am getting married and have resigned before the maturity of the bond. I have already served 9 months (3/4 of the service period as promised), But my employer is still asking me for the payment now.

I DO NOT have a stamped visa as they did not had any USA oppurtunities and did not get the process go ahead.

I feel paying 2 lacs for not serving 3 months untill November 2015 even after not having the said work permit is unfair.

Can anybody help me in this regard? If you can give me your email id I can send the PDF of the agreement copy so that we can find a loophole in it.

Thanks,

Aditi Sharma

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2015

You have posted that:

"I DO NOT have a stamped visa as they did not had any USA oppurtunities and did not get the process go ahead."

So the compensation being demanded from you are for what reason? Even Pro rated payment may not be a fair option in such case.

Do you have copy of the so called Bond?

Are you a member of any employee's/trade unions?

Getting married eoes not mean that you have to resign.

You can withdraw the resignation before expiry of notice period/getting accepted and serve for another 3 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register