Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suchint (manager)     27 August 2016

Vienna code search trademark india

Dear Friends

I have to register a logo. Please tell me how can i use vienna code for logo while making initial search for availability of the logo beforehand? I mean before applying how can i check whether logo is available or not, like we do in tradename search?

Learning

1 Replies

Kapila Tanwar   07 September 2017

It is one of the initial stages of the trademark registration process where the status in the Trade Mark Registry website shows as "Send To Vienna Codification". As a part of the trademark registration, any trademarks comprising figurative elements/logo is assigned a Vienna Code by the Indian Trade Mark Registry. This is one of the first steps taken by the Registry where the trademark comprises a figurative element/logo. The Vienna code is assigned based on the nature of the figurative element/logo. Such figurative elements/logos are codified according to the Vienna Agreement.

Vienna codification is done so that trademark searches can be conducted for artwork/logo. Once the Vienna codification is done, the status of the trademark application is usually changed to Formalities Chk Pass or Formalities Chk Fail.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register