LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vandana   25 April 2015

Vehicle rc transfered by buyer

I have sold one vehicle 4 years back but the buyer has not transfered the RC on his name inspite of my reminders. now i came to know that he has made an accident with that and the person has suffered leg fracture. Now iam getting court summons for that and the person whose accident was done is asking for claim of Rs15lacs. I have sale agreement copy with me but that has not been notarised. Please let me know the remedies that i can have as iam being made suffered for the act which is not done by me.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 April 2015

sale agreement works in immovable properties like land, buildings etc. Your case is pertaining to vehicle. the agreement is not valid under the road transport authority laws.  Contest the case with a good accident claim lawyers. 

Samal Kumar (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT OF KERALA)     25 April 2015

This is one common  lapse many people make after selling vehicle. As per provisions under Motor Vehicles  Act,  a transferor  of motor vehicle is bound  to inform MV Dept  within two weeks about such transfer to absolve himself from any future liability arising due to use of that vehicle.  Police / MV dept will make only existing RC owner responsible in the event of accident etc. Now you need to  contest to prove your side. ' ' 

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     25 April 2015

Samal Kumar has advised appropriately

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     25 April 2015

Samal Kumar has advised appropriately

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register