LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakshi Agarwal   13 June 2017

Vechile sale

Sir, I sold my motorbike to a person in the year of 2012 but documents were not prepared properly. We both signed an affidavit of vechile sale and he told me that he will complete the transfer formalities later. today, 13 june2017, I went to RTO office and came to know that motorbike is still registered in my name. I am scared that if bike is misused then I may suffer through a serious problem. What can I do now?? please tell me that affidavit is signed on a stamp paper of Rs. 10. can this document support me if any problems Aries in future.

Learning

7 Replies

Nisha chaudhary   13 June 2017

Yes, you can use this affidavit as an evidence(Proof), if any problems arise in future.

Yes, you can use this affidavit as an evidence(Proof), if any problems arise in future.

Mam di need to register a FIR?? I don't know that person. He was a policeman and I had his mobile no. which is not active these days.

Yes, you can register a FIR as it is a breach of contract, and you can use the affidavit as an evidence.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     13 June 2017

that affidavit is of no use,

your concern is absolutely right. If any illegal activity done on said vehicle, you will suffer.

i advise you to immediately contact the person whom you sold the vehicle and transfer it, make compleint to police, send legal notice. you might have his address in the affidavit, try to get it.

Thank you sir

(Guest)

Transfer of buyers name in the RC Book is Mandatory. You should have ensured it in the begening itself. If the said vehicle is used for any illegal purpose, you will have to bear all the troubles. 

Now, please approach the buyer, chase him and ask him to get it transferred to his name. 

Meanwhile write an RTI application to RTO officer which is possible online rtionline.gov.in by paying a fees of Rs 10 only.  Describe the problem and seek remedy from RTO. The RTO will provide you proper remedy on what you have to do to be on the safer side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register