LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagaraja kumble (Advocate)     01 August 2011

Validity of a stamp paper

Can we execute a back dated rent agreement deed, sale deed or sale agreement deed on a current dated stamp paper. Let us say rent agreement executed on 01/08/2011 for a back date like 01/07/2011. ? 

Learning

12 Replies

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     01 August 2011

No u cannot..stamp paper bears a date and purpose for which it is issued...it can b used for prospective purposes otherwise its looks like a afterthought....

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     02 August 2011

Agreement will be and should be executed on current date. However, the commencement of rent/leave ance license can be from earlier date, bringing the agreement into retrospective effect..  In your query

the retrospective effect would be one month prior and hence there should not be issues.

vasudevan

2 Like

satish (manager)     21 July 2012

Sir , how many days the commencement date can be from the date of execution of Leave and licence agreement?? I have made the agreement with my Landlord on 19/06/2012 & the commencement date is 01/02/2012. Can it be valid....  Date on Non Judicial Stamp Paper is 18.06.2012.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     21 July 2012

This will be in order, However, if you are going for registration (in Maharasthra, registration is compulsory), check the time limit as per the local procedure. If both agrees not to go for registration this is fine.

vasudevan

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 July 2012

1.  An  Agreement can be of   "ANY"  date (irrespective of it being of a restrospective date).   Such agreement can be  "freshly"   stamped at current date, after paying the relevant applicable penalty.

2.  An agreement necessarily is between atleast two parties and both the parties should mutually consent to payment of stamp-duty + penalty as on date.

NOTE:  An agreement which is not stamp-duty paid or registered is still valid enough under the Contract Act.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Juber Police (Legal Manager)     05 March 2013

we have made L&L Agreement in the month of Jan 13 for 2 years and Stapm duty  has been paid by way of franking in the monthe of Dec 12 , now we want to change the period from March 13 for two years and registered the same. Should we change the period? is there any problem regarding Stampduty . Kindly advice the same..........

raveenasen (Manager)     06 March 2013

No boss,it amounts to forgery

(Guest)

If I make a lease agreement for 16 months on a stamp paper purchased on current date and mention the effective date from 15th April,2013,will it be valid?Will the Registrar accept it for registration?

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     02 May 2013

It would be in order. Please ensure that the document is registered within the time limites prescribed by the Registrars.

Vasudevan

P Goverdhan Reddy (Lawyer)     14 January 2015

sir, happy new year to all,    I have a query, is that Party has executed agreement of sale cum GPA on Non judicial Stamp paper Purchased on 18-2-2002,  and validated the same on 27-10-2007.  Basing on the same MRO issued patta books.  Is the agreement of sale is legally bind or not ?  

2.  Request ur advise with references if any.

with regards. 

Jaikishan Dayma   08 September 2017

Sir I am executing Leave and License Agreement in Kochi for commercial shop. How much back date I can take as effective date from current date of stamp paper? Please suggest; is there any time period or limit to take back dated effective date.

Registerexperts (company registeration)     12 September 2017

we have made L&L Agreement in the month of Jan 13 for 2 years and Stapm duty  has been paid by way of franking in the monthe of Dec 12 , now we want to change the period from March 13 for two years and registered the same. Should we change the period? is there any problem regarding Stampduty . Kindly advice the same.......... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register