Dear Experts,

My mother-in-law is a retired Bihar state govt employee. Many of her colleagues want to petition in the Supreme Court for their pension fixation on 6th pay commission. They asked her to sign a Vakalatnama and send it to them. 

I wanted to know - whether sending a signed copy of Vakalatnama on an A4 sheet will be okay or we need to get a non-judicial stamp (and what amount) notarised with her signatures on it for sending this Vakalatnama. We are currently in Bangalore.


practicing advocate

You will get the printed vakalat in the court premises or you can get it from any one of the advocates.  You cannot sign on the plaint paper or stamp paper.  There is format for vakalat.


High Court Advocate

Printed copy of vakalat is available with advocate or in the court. Supreme court vakalat is in different formate. Consult your advocate




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu