LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dasd (student)     10 December 2010

VAT

i've filed return of income  on 9*11/2010 for fy 2009-10 but i've not yet submitted fourth quarter vat return of fy 2009-10 though i deal in (cloths-tax free item) .

whether i can file vat return now for period (1/1/2009 to 31/3/2010).

what is the timelimit of vat return (belated & effect of not filing till date).

to whom vat audit report is applicable & for which year?

Learning

9 Replies

ABHISHEK SRIVASTAVA (Advocate)     10 December 2010

Dear Dasd

In which state you are runing your business.

dasd (student)     16 December 2010

IN MADHYA PRADESH

ABHISHEK SRIVASTAVA (Advocate)     19 December 2010

Dear Dasd

You should file your return immediately with a interest @ 1.5% p.m.on tax payable if any. I will also advise to file annual return for the year 2009-10.

On late filing of return a penalty of Rs 50 to 100 per day may be imposed.

dasd (student)     19 December 2010

iwant to ask 1 more doubt that since i deal in vat free goods than whether there wil be any penalty or not?

my advocate advised not to file return for last qtr [but i have already filed return for three quarters]] & said tht he will complete the assessment itself

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 December 2010

As far as VAT return is concerned every business transaction carried on by individuals, partnership firms,co.'s etc.will come within the perview of VAT. All dealers with gross annual turnover of Rs.5 lakhs and above will have to compulsory register. Small dealers with gross annual turnover not exceeding Rs.5 lakhs will not be liable to pay VAT.  Dealers with annual gross annual turnover between Rs.5 lakhs and 50 lakhs have the option for a composition scheme with payment of tax at 1% of the gross turnover. However, such dealers are not eligible for availing input tax credit.

dasd (student)     20 December 2010

Originally posted by :ramachary
"
As far as VAT return is concerned every business transaction carried on by individuals, partnership firms,co.'s etc.will come within the perview of VAT. All dealers with gross annual turnover of Rs.5 lakhs and above will have to compulsory register. Small dealers with gross annual turnover not exceeding Rs.5 lakhs will not be liable to pay VAT.  Dealers with annual gross annual turnover between Rs.5 lakhs and 50 lakhs have the option for a composition scheme with payment of tax at 1% of the gross turnover. However, such dealers are not eligible for availing input tax credit.
"

sir what's ur opinion on my situation if i deal in clothing material.till now i file vat return of nil amt+++entry tax return paying entry tax for purchases out of state.....

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 December 2010

Immediately go and registered your business in your state with concern authorities.

dasd (student)     23 December 2010

Originally posted by :ramachary
"
Immediately go and registered your business in your state with concern authorities.
"

sir i already got my tin no>>>>>>>>> i file vat return (nil amt) with this tin no

Rajesh Thakker (Advocate)     24 December 2010

Dear Mr Dasd

Once you registered under the VAT Act, you have to file your return, even if no tax is payable or you are dealing in tax free goods declared under the VAT Act.

If you will not file your return you will be penalized under the VAT Act. The advice is given earlier is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register