Share More

LoneFighter (IT)     24 October 2014

Us govt warning to nris and citizens marrying indian women

https://www.immihelp.com/nri/tips-marriage-to-indian-girl.html

Old news but worth sharing. 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2014

What do you want to bring it to light by posting the above information.  This is a known fact, you don't have to wait for a foreigner to inform you about your own law.  Every country has its own law, so is ours.

LoneFighter (IT)     26 October 2014

@KalaiSelvan sir:

Yes you are true that there are laws everywhere and we too have a few infamous ones. We as a country are considered to be one of the very safe places to live and also revered all around the world. We are lenient, patient, compassionate. We give utmost respect to women. 

Nazis claimed that they are purest form of Aryans and we know that a few of our ancestors were in a way related to Aryans. I felt ashamed to be having their descendancy,  when i read about Nuremberg Laws. Laws made to protect women in our country are no less and a indirect version of Nuremberg laws. 

Once upon a time the above mentioned were also laws of land. It does not mean they are right. They are barbaric infact. 

Never had chance to know these atrocities happening in India and never knew intensity of all these until i got to see them for real that bad things happening to very dear people. I don't think these laws has to be changed, but at-least there should be safeguard measures to those families that are being affected by draconian laws. all must be given safety in our economy. We are not anarchy, we are not north Korea.

Time has changed a lot. Women are no more inferior. I agree there are many dowry and rape cases happening in very remote areas of our country. But how many reports are we receiving from real victims. why is 498a and rape conviction rate becoming less every year. Why not there a law to protect Men victims. There wont be male victims at all!!! i can show many!!!

We have to respect women, but not at cost of torturing others. One of my relative is 68 years old, her sister in law's 498 case is still hung around her neck ... her son commited suicide.. but her sis in law is still unsatisfied.. she is haunting her. She is fighting these cases all alone. She was telling me she lost energy to fight,,.. she was like i am ok to be in jail for all alleged crimes though none of them were committed by her. 

My friend's total future is ruined, just because he dated some gal whom he did not knew could be so immoral to file wrong complaints and drag him down. He might get justice 10 years down the line. But by then his career would be long gone. 

Where are 'Real Victims' getting justice. 

Are not we sending wrong message to the world by all our deeds, Why were courts forced to take back 'gender neutral rape laws' formulated to safe guard men. Why are courts not bothered about section 377 when our neighbour Singapore took the section off the list amending a few points. Our politicians are afraid because their vote bank will be disturbed, because media reports only crime allegations by women but not the case outcomes. Who remembers seeing Nisha Sharma's case ended up in acquittal news. But everyone know that she is invited to Oprah forum, international stage and blabbered that Indians don't respect women. I do, You do, my Dad does, my Brother does, My friends do. We are not a nation suppressing women. The way to enlighten or uplift downtrodden women in rural areas is not to torture others. Rape in India is 1/30th of that in US and why still such a outcry in India. Because we care for our women. But .... still these women organizations are not satisfied.

Arent we sending a wrong message to our future generations, arent we sending wrong message to the world. One of my client at my work place in US, asked me when she read about women's rape in a international news portal. She asked me, is India very unsafe for women. A few months later i read a news that the the news is false and i read it in times of india or some website. A very small descripttttion given and it did not get any limelight as the false complaint received. 

This is my country, i grew up listening to all our be-kind-to-everyone attitude stories. we could have easily wiped out Pak's terrorism and occupied the country to its entirety. But we did not. We do not give a strong answer to China, not because we are scared of its gigantism, but because we dont want blood shed across our border. I dont want others to think that we are a few spoiled brats who dont even know to respect and safeguard our women. This bothers me. all this bothers me. I want others to know about this irritating facts and educate them. Not with the intention to make them fight against anything, but atleast they understand the fact that major portion of the complaints, accused are very much falsely implicated. 

We are the only country with different marriage acts for different religions, We are so tolerant to consider even minorities in drafting our marriage acts also. We are not what outsiders think. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 October 2014

Long ago before LoneFighter was born I went to North America:

At that time the Government of India gave me an advisory. It was endorsed by my parents too. The advisory was like this

Beware of American girls. Avoid marriage to them. But if you must, double check her age. She may declare her age as 18. But actually she may be 38. What does it matter? If she claims 18 she may at least be looking 18 or at the most 20. Is not the look that matters? No not at all. The older the woman more will be the number of jealous ex-husbands on the prowl. What if one of them or even more than one of them attack/s you? Then there may be step-children as old as you are, hidden until you sign the marriage register and surrender your passport to the new wife.  Their 'genetic' fathers may be broke. That may be the reason the woman wants to marry you. You will have to look after them too. The following quotation from Shakuntalam of Kaldasa was given in the advisory

अन्यैर्द्विजै: परभ्रत: खलु पोषयन्ति

Meaning: Look after those born to others.

But one good  (or may not be good) thing is that American allows you to marry one of your step-daughters if occasion arises. You can download the mother and take on the daughter.

Last but not the least American women do not shave .......... And they use toilet paper.

There has been technological advances in leaps and bounds. There are now personal computers, the internet, cell phones and what not. Everyone knows the contribution of Bill Gates for all those new gadgets. Of late he was trying to invent a replacement for the toilet paper. The reason may be his association with many Indians. I do not know whether he has succeeded.

I returned from America long ago. I married an Indian girl and she is still with me. I came to know about IPC 498A only after joining LCI. By that time all her relatives and all my relatives were dead.

LoneFighter (IT)     27 October 2014

@

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech] I am Online

Sir. Thanks for the response. I highly value our marriage system and also our country's women. I respect them. But because of a few, image is being tarnished. Just could not stay quiet. These laws are meant to protect women and not to be misused by a few immoral group. The genuine cases are not actually getting justice. Number of rapes etc are being inflated. Who is responsible for all these.. Do we want to propogate that we are fond of rapes and we do it like once in every second. Do we want to make it a norm in our country. Are we actually illtreating women.. coercing them to do something they did not want to do. A women filed a complaint against australian working engineer that he asked for 5lakhs dowry.. are we so blind to see that a guy working in australia as an engineer has to ask for 5 lakhs.. its his 2 months salary. 

Let the truth come out.... Just the truth... I accept it. I do encourage it. Check my posts, i have adviced a women in her favor when i felt she deemed to deserve justice. But wrong cases are more than right ones.... 

I totally respect your words that came out of experience. But one could not understand the plight of wrongly implicated people. Seeds once sown are being reaped now.. people might use this phrase .. But i totally disagree. What did parents do ..for being falsely implicated in 498a. What did husband do, if he did not get in sync with the wife.. at times it happens. Not every one is as lucky as you are. What did a guy do, if he never promised to marry someone, but implicated under false promise of marriage case... 

My Dean, i still remember, he is one of the best in the whole state. His son was with Google. He and his family i.e my dean implicated in 498. He succumbed to death with mental illness. The case proved to be futile recently. Who is responsible for his loss. ....!!! do courts answer it... ...We being a society,, do we answer his death.... none...!!!

Because we are not implicated, .. we are safe, we are fine... we can talk in favor of women... Oppression and suppression can never last long... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register