Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Oscar Mendes (Service)     16 January 2015

Urgent query

Hello Experts,

I have a Urgent Query.

1. I was granted Divorce by Decree ( Goa Law )  20th June 2014, it was a contested divorce which lasted for 7 Yrs

2. After 90 Days , I approaced the trial court inorder to get the letter to publish in the official gazette, this was in Sep 2014 , we got the letter.. 

3. Waited for 30 more days after publishing, and later again aproached the trial court for letter to cancel registration. 

4. Registration got cancelled, I have a copy of the cancelled marriage certifcate also.

Now my question is , Whether this cancelled marriage can be "re-cancelled " or reverted back. Since the opposite side has appealed the decree in the higher court, by filling a condonation of delay. We came to know about this as she has filled it in the DVA case also. As of today also ( which is almost after 2 months after the registration was cancelled ) I have not received any Notices..

In short , do I have to worry about anything.

Another question is, how should my lawyer go about this, should he just take the notice once he receives it, make an application along with the cancelled certificate and file the same, and what time frame am i looking at, because i want to get married again.

Learning

1 Replies

Oscar Mendes (Service)     19 January 2015

Hello Experts,

Is there anyone who can answer my query ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register