Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Urgent please - Compensation suit

Learned advocates,

One of my friends daughter (3yrs old) was admitted in a hospital for a heart surgery......

The operation was successful

But on next day hospital published an article in leading newspaper with photographs of the child with address and her parents names regarding such operation... As it was first time in our city...... Now due to this all my family members have got known by reading newspaper..... Now all my family members treat her as she is ill......and i know in future all of them will treat her as ill... This would be a serious problem at the time of her marriage... As everyone knows that she had some heart problem 

What could be done against hospital?? Defamation suit? (but whatever was published was true)

Further her private information was published without her parents consent in newspaper

Can't we approach civil court, as they have published our personal information without our consent

Learning

8 Replies

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   01 May 2018

is your friends daughter the same one whose report was published in ToI?
1 Like

(Guest)
Will there be defamation, as whatever was published was true but was published without consent

Yes it will amt to defamation u/499 IPC
1 Like

(Guest)
Ok... Thanks for your valuable advice sir.....
Highly obliged

One more doubt... What abt we move to civil court for compensation, as our private information was published?

u can move court as you are victim of civil wrong; ie publishing of info as to daughter's illness without her caregivers/parents consent is a civil offense
1 Like

u can email me on any query u have on basu_kunal@hotmail.com
wud b very happy 2 help u
1 Like

(Guest)
Learned sir thank you so much for your help...... Highly obliged

thank u for taking time off to consult me sir
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies