Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy   02 October 2016

Urgent (Police Verification)

hello

two years ago I accidentally trespassed into a house in an inebriated state. It was an accident and they were independent houses and all the houses look exactly the same. since I was drunk the people in the house, who were bachelors, thought i was an intruder and started beating me up until my friends came and intervened. everything was calm and cool but i lost my cool and i went against the inhabitants of the house for beating me (i just shouted at them and i asked them to lodge a police complaint ; yeah, i know, it is my stupidity) so they lodged a complaint with the police.

the police took me to  the police station and scolded me for being so irresponsible. after that i don't know what happened the inhabitants wrote something on a paper and i was asked to pay a fine of 1500 in the court. i was sent after spending around 1 hr in the police station and the next day i went to the court and paid the fine. the police there assured me that it was a petty case and nothing to worry at all.

currently am not working and am preparing for government competetive exams and the incident happened in chennai and now i live in hyderabad. the police station which took me in was also not the place i used to live while i was in chennai.

my question is simple....

If I were to get selected in a government job or any other job for that matter, will this case jeopardise my career and my life?

will i be treated as a criminal equivalent to a murderer???

Please give a simple answer because a few advocates are debating and arguing over their counterpart's replies rather than giving their own perception. this is not a debate thread and that is why am posting this post again.

thank u

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     02 October 2016

Mostly, for ordinary post there won't be much antecedent made against the employee. However if the post is of higher cadre then antecedent s will be made every place you reside so far as per enquiry they make.

Only after going through contents of FIR,i can say whether it can cause any hindrance to your government job

Only after going through contents of FIR,i can say whether it can cause any hindrance to your government job

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2016

Antecedents verification is same for all government jobs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register