LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunitha (500)     23 April 2015

Urban ceiling property

Sir,my mothers brother had 9000sqft of property in chennai from which he gave my mother half of the property(4500sqft ) through registered settlement deed in "2014".Later on the same year the property was settled and registerd to"me" by my mother.But the land was in urban ceiling since 2000 and my mothers brother had applied in innocent buyers scheme in "2010" for the total 9000sqft land which includes our land also.Now the government orders have comeout as to release the land and notification was sent to my mothers "brother"for the full property release of 9000sqft that he had applied for in the innocent buyers scheme in 2010.As a part of notification he has given application for only his portion of land mentioning he has given half of his property to us in 2014. Even though the notification came was for the full property 9000sqft.My doubt is sir can we also give application for our property release as he had applied for the whole property including ours in 2010.Orelse do we have to wait till the next "Government order".Thankyou.

Learning

4 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     23 April 2015

The notification was given for 9000 Sft. And your mother's brother has accepted that he has given half share to your mother in the year 2014 and the said fact was mentioned by your uncle in his application. Even if, now you can give a supplementary application along with your registered document and inform the authority(ULC) to pay the amount for your share. They will definitely accepts/consider  your request, because the revenue will come to the government account., 

sunitha (500)     24 April 2015

Thankyou sir.So it means that we will have to pay the government an amount from the share of our land(4500sqft) when they release it from urban ceiling.I hope this is what u meant sir by saying that revenue will come to the Govenrment account.One more doubt is that sir my mothers brother has mentioned in the statement of  the application that he has given" half "of his property to my mother "but later on my mother has settled nd registered the property to "me",which has not been mentioned in the statement.Will it be a problem Sir? so who should give the application me or my mother sir?.(at present the propery is in "my" name) thankyou.

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     24 April 2015

Even if you applied a supplementary application on your mother's name,it  could not effect you. you can proceed, without any 2nd thought. If the tamailnadu government accepts your money, then they will give a NOC on the land of 4500 Sft. It is not the matter, on which name, the 4500 sft stands. 

sunitha (500)     27 April 2015

Thankyou very much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register