LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santhosh   09 December 2017

Update records on after marriage name change

Hello Sir/Madam, My wife do not have a last name or sir name. Now after marriage, she would be adding my name or my sir name as her last/sir name. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Is getting marriage certificate with my wife's new name is enough to update her government records(Aadhaar, VoterId, PAN card, Bank accounts)? Or do I have to follow any additional procedure. Please let me know. Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 December 2017

It is enough if she writes to the authorities advising that she has got married to ------------ an consequent name change. A copy of the marriage certificate can be submitted, if they ask for the same. For Aadhar, Voter id and PAN there will be forms to be filled up and submitted. You may download them from the respective websites.

Santhosh   10 December 2017

Thank you MPS Ramani Sir. I would like to know which authorities my wife should write to?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 December 2017

Please go to the respective websites. You will find menu leading to your requirement. If you do not know how to go to the website type incometax or aadhar on Google. A person who has access to internet should know all these things.

MPSR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register