LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhilasha   23 January 2017

Unregistered division can we sale our share of the property

My grandfather divided his residential house through an unregistered deed into his two son (my father and uncle) After the demise of My grandfather uncle and father we want to sell off our share of the property(50% of the house). Can we do that as the division is only on a stamp and not registered

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 January 2017

Every thing may appear normal when things go smooth, complications crop up in future, with other co-sharers.  It is in your own interest to reduce the settlement deed in writing duly registered, and get the property mutated, so that each one can enjoy the property with a good and legally valid title.

If every co-sharer is living, he may still reduce the same in writing to give a shape of legal document or can sign the sale deed as witness.(One to another)

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Abhilasha
My grandfather divided his residential house through an unregistered deed into his two son (my father and uncle)
After the demise of My grandfather uncle and father we want to sell off our share of the property(50% of the house). Can we do that as the division is only on a stamp and not registered

Yes you can.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 January 2017

If the property is mutated, and the possession and enjoyment with tax paid receipts are on record, one can sell his share .

Abhilasha   24 January 2017

Yes we just got the mutation done on my mother my sister and my own name (nagar nigam house tax etc) We are in possession of the property but there is no physical demarcation yet. But the house is built in such a way that there is no intrusion of the other heir .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register