Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitinkumar Rana (Sr. Accounts Executive)     09 February 2014

Unpaid wages - for 7 months

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly advise me the course of action which I have to take on the following facts of the matter:

Sir, I have been working with one private limited company since last 4 years as Sr. Accounts Executive.  For last one year the payment of salary was delayed every month.  At any point of time salary for 2-3 moths were outstanding.  As the company's  main business is building/construction activities, it was acceptable fact that the salary is getting late because company had no new projects in hand.  

Sir, I have received my last payment on 26th October, 2013, being part payment against salary for the month of July 2013.  Since then I have not received any salary from the Company.  We are about 15 persons working with the Company and they have also faced the same problem. 

The Management persons have been requested on several occasions.  But all the time they have given false promises.  I therefore sent two email communications to the Management, which will provide you the complete picture ( copies attached ).

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT IS THE COURSE OF ACTION LEFT FOR ME TO GET MY OUTSTANDING SALARY FOR 7 MOTHS (JULY 2013 TO JAN 2014).

Regards, 

Nitinkumar Rana

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 February 2014

You can submit your complaint with the labour commissioner at where the office is exist. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 February 2014

The attachments are not accessible.

It is not clear that you have resigned or not?

Employee should not give a very long rope to employer that defaults on payment of wages.

Your labor consultant/service lawyer may opine that the limitation period in your case may be 3 years.

Your employer may be happily waiting for this period to expire.

Therefore you may approach labor consultant/service lawyer AS AP and show job 
advertisement, job application, interview call letter, selection letter, offer letter, appointment letter, standing orders applicable to the establishment and extended to your designation (certified/model), any service agreement/bond/Non Disclosure-Non Solicitation-confidentiality agreement signed by you, and proceed under the expert advice of your lawyer.

You may issue notice/legal notice to supply by redg. Post the acknowledgment of notice of resignation/resignation, correct FNF statement for verification by you, payment of FNF dues by bank DD only, Form 16, PF number-account slips for each year of employment, salary slip of last month and each month of employment, ESIC Card (if eligible), NOC/NDC, Notice of Determination of Gratuity ( if eligible ), service certificate, relieving letter………………etc. so as to reach you within next 7 days, thru Redg. Post only.

You may add that postage prepaid self addressed envelope (as purchased from PO) for sending documents and DD by redg. Post to you is attached.

You may prepare a FNF statement on your own (include PL, Bonus, Incentives, commissions, Gratuity etc) and claim payment, under proper acknowledgment and if possible obtain a confirmation that the amounts shall be paid soon THUS PLACE ON RECORD THE “DETERMINED DEBT” AND HENCE AMOUNTS COMPANY OWES TO YOU.

The non Payment of wages is breach of trust by employer that has to pay monthly wages after a month’s long hard work extracted from employee. The employee can lodge a complaint the minute the payment of wages is delayed. The employer may be fined say Rs.7500/instance.

Earned wages should be paid on usual pay day and if employee has resigned the FNF dues should be paid within last day in office or say next 3 days or max. by usual pay day
If company has defaulted on payment of wages it must have defaulted on PF, Gratuity, ESIC, Bonus, TDS………….etc

The employees can approach:

--- Trade Unions e.g; CITU, AITUC, INTUC ............................

--- Inspector under (Name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, If it is commercial establishment.

The employer has to maintain and submit requisite forms and registers according to Shops and Commercial Establishments Act.

If the employer makes false entries it is offence.

--- Inspector under Payment of Wages Act: applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the Act.

You may refer to: Payment of Wages Act; Sec13A and 2: 3*[(i), (ia), 3*[(vi), 3, 4 ,5, 13a, 14, 15, 16, 17A, 20………….. and if the Inspector agrees to cover you may immediately submit Form’N’ for recovery of wages.

--- O/o Labor Commissioner

--- ESIC Inspector;

--- RPFC in nearest PF office

--- ITO; TDS where you file your ITR

--- CIT-TDS (jurisdictional) where company files ITR

---Controlling Authority of Gratuity

---Civil Court

Employees have been contemplating to file criminal complaints u/s 406, 420……………………………and to approach employer as creditors treating unpaid wages as debt on employer e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=72011&offset=1#.UvYBGEeBmXV

You may proceed under the expert advise of your lawyer.

Annu (manager)     10 February 2014

Dear Sir /Madam

Kindly advise me the course of the action which I have to take on the following facts of the matter .

Sir ,I have been working with one private ltd comp since last 8 yrs as  Operation manager. For the last one year the payment of salary was delayed every month. At any point of time salary for 4 month were outstanding . As the company main business is Trading ,insurance ,real estate .

Sir, I have received my last payment on  14. Nov. 2013.We are about 15 persons working with the company and they have faced the same problem .

The management persons have been requested on several occasions .But all the time they have given false promise.

Please Advise what is the course of action left for me to get my outstanding salary of 4 months ( Oct 2013 to Jan 2014 )

Regards

Annu Sharma

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2014

@ Annu,

For outstanding payment of salary, reimbursements you may proceed as suggested above.

For gratuity you may add in your letter  by Redg. Post that ‘Notice of Determination of Gratuity’ has not been supplied to you and same may be supplied in original along with certified copy of payment certificate issued by LIC/any other insurer who had insured Gratuity, redg. Post only. You may also mention that FormI is attached in original for payment of Gratuity.  

Although Soft copy of FormI is attached for your reference, you may obtain latest version of FormI from local o/o Labor Commissioner, or market.

You may also demand to supply you the original FNF statement showing all payables to you ( e.g. salary, Bonus, Gratuity,leave encashment, reimbursements, incentives etc) for verification and acceptance by you.

Attached File : 993232935 form i gratuity9.pdf downloaded: 64 times

Nitinkumar Rana (Sr. Accounts Executive)     19 February 2014

Dear Mr. Kumar,

As narrated earlier, I have been working with the existing company for 4 years.  The salary has not been paid regularly since long and now the time has come when seven (7) months are unpaid.  I am working in the capacity of Sr. Accounts Executive with this company, and as I can not continue for long without salary, I have resigned w.e.f. 01.04.2014, instructing the management to clear my dues before end of February end and ensuring them to finish the pending work before end of march 2014.

Please advise me the names and addresses of the authorites whom to contact for my grievance, so that the paper work can be ready by first week of march 2014.

Attached is my last email sent to management.

Regards,

Nitinkumar

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 February 2014

@ Nitin Kumar Rana,

NO attachment is found in your last post.

The details of the entities to which complaint can be made have already been posted in this thread.

You may log onto the website of Dept. of labor of your state or visit O/o: Labor Commissioner, EPFO, ESIC, ITO……….. and obtain their names, contact details, address.

Your lawyer may also have the details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register