LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KK   06 February 2016

Uneven distribution of father's property

My father bought a patch of 60 acres of agricultural land in 1940s. However during the Land ceiling act, he named and registered (through a sale deed) most of this property in the name of his three elder sons as I was a minor at that point. This measure was just done to save the whole patch of land from getting acquired through the act. 

He died without a will in 1988. Since then, all three of my elder brothers are not ready to redivide the land. and I am unable to get my rightful share in this land. This patch of land was bought by my father and however as most of this property is now in my brothers' name, I am unable to take any legal action even when they are selling parts of it without consulting me. 

Please suggest a legal way so that I can ask for my share in this property. 

Learning

2 Replies

KK   06 February 2016

It's not the case. He acquired this property through the earnings from his business, hence it's a self acquired property.

r.sathyanarayanan   07 February 2016

Dear kk, U can not claim the share from ur brothers,since they became the owners by virtue of the settlement made.you can not blow hot and cold. You can legally say that it is done only to avoid the govt from possessing your land.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register