LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavita (.)     18 July 2013

Under 138 nia act

i took loan from patpedhi in 2005 and i clear that loan in 1 year. few month before i threw the passbook of that patpedi which include the loan clearrence amount. Now i got summons from court of dishounour of cheque.i take 15k loan from patpedi and that time i gave post dated cheques and after clear the loan patpedi didnt give me back that cheque.Even that patpedi(bank) shift in thane from nalasopara mumbai after 8 years they send me summons from court. I want to know that after 8 years they file case against me before that they not inform me anything or even not said any about loan to me.suggest me please

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     18 July 2013

They cannot directly file a 138 NI case in the court without first giving you a notice for repayment. If the case is already filed then, consult a local lawyer with all the details so that you can be suitably guided.

kavita (.)     18 July 2013

Thanks for reply..........

They send me notice by their advocate............i want to fight myself...........i m economicaly not well so cant hire any advocate.....

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 July 2013

Dear kavita

You should contact Legal service authority for providing free service of advocate if you are not financially strong or unable to bear advocate fee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register