LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Purohit (Sr.Manager - Admin)     21 November 2014

Unclaimed proerty

After death of my father 3 years back, i come to know that property in which we lived for 4 years & rented out after that for almost 10 years , original documents of the same is not in my father name. 15 years back when my father bought this constructed property , dealer told that paper will be transferred in my fathers name after 3-4 months as landlord / houseowner is out of town and will be back for transferring deed.On good faith , as other of my fathers office friends bought property from same dealer in that area, he paid in full. Dearler handed over keys to us and we started to live & than after 4 years shifted to somewhere else for some personal reasons & rented out that property. After my fathers death, i come to know about all this and tried to search out original landlord whoes name is there in original lease deed which i have.But i have not found that person till now.

Pls suggest me way out , how can i get ownership of this property or sell it ??

Learning

1 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     21 November 2014

1. File a civil suit for adverse possession. If the original owner does not turn up before the court then all these years of the property being in your possession can get you the title of ownership.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register