LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.G. Dinesh Kumar (software engineer)     22 July 2014

Unclaimed grand mother's property

My grandmother died on september 2004.  By july  2004 itself she has made a will to grant my father the legal rights to the house that we are living in. My grandfather and my grandmother's close friend signed on the witness tab. My grandmother has eight children. Only my father took care of her in her old age(Thats the reason she made the will). The will is not yet executed and the property has not been transferred to my father's name(still in my deceased grandmother's name) because no one has made any claim(yet). My question is:

1. What is the procedure to transfer the property to my father's name?

2. What do to if my father's siblings made a claim to the house. They are not aware of the existence of such will?

3. Shall I built a separate portion on the terrace for myself by investing my own money. If the other heirs claim is legal will I be at loss or shall I continue using the portion since I also legally have rights on the property?

Please clear my doubts. Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 July 2014

get the will be probated.   this is for information only

D.G. Dinesh Kumar (software engineer)     27 July 2014

Thanks satyanarayana. Can you give me more insights.. If you could present me a clear answer then I will be very grateful. Thanks again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register