Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyam Bihari (mngr)     21 February 2014

Unauthorized email access

Dear Sir/ Madam:

I would like to know the following:

If someone has accessed my email address (without me authorizing) then will it be considered as cyber crime. And if yes, what could be the consequences of the same to him. Can I lodge a formal complaint and file a court case? What evidence will be required for the same?

Moreover if some of my emails have been deleted, then can it be considered another crime? What could be the actions that can be taken against that person. I have evidence to prove that a specific person has accessed my email account.

I will appreciate it if you could kindly consider answering my queries.

Learning

2 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     22 February 2014

Dear Mr Shyam,

Please mention the facts clearly. whether the email was accessed from your own system, if not then you can approach the cyber crime cell of police. Now a days every police has cyber crime unit. Accessing email is punishable offense under I T Act.

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin Legal Consultants

SOLICITORS AND CONSULTANTS

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

Shyam Bihari (mngr)     24 February 2014

Dear Mr. Bhasin:

Thank you for your kind reply.

The email was accessed not through my system as the person was not living with me at that time. Can the following cases be filed: cyber crime, defamation and altercation of certain electronic evidence?

Regards,

SB

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register