Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Typist/steno for an advocate, essentials to know

Dear All,

I Joined as a Typist/Steno at my local Avocate's place. I request you to kindly help me in this regard.

What are the Essential Things need to noted and taken care of while processing the Legal Documents.

How many days or time it will take to completely know the Format and Other Details of various Legal Documents like Injunction Suits, Suit filing, Sale Deed, Legal Notice, etc., when working for an Advocate as Typist/Steno.

It is okay to maintain a Notebook or paper of daily work done until one gets full knowledge of all formats of various documents.

What are the web sites that can guide me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Law Aspirant

Learning

4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     21 October 2014

what qualification you are do not know but drafting and preparing the suit is very complicated and also very tough

first where you are working their try to read the previous old cases suits and also case papers how it is proceeding

after reading first prepare yourself a draft suit and show to your senior advocate and let him show his review of the draft and you will analyze how fair and what all your have to learn yet 

no one can tell you how much time it will take to draft

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Sir

I am a 2nd year LL.B Student and the place where I am working, there are several formats already prepared..the lawyer sits by the side of me and asks me to copy the previous one that suits best to the present one he is preparing and asks me to make necessary changes like petitioner/plaintiff/respondents name and their address and the court name, dates, etc, but as I am 1-month-old Typist/Steno, I am confused about how many affidavits are their followed by their petitions and what they are for....and I have to do multiple tasks like Sale Deed and immediately followed by Suit filing or Advancement petition or something like that ...So I am worried hmm...what are the essential things to know in doing all these.

Even though I am a LL.B student, at times I am getting more and more confused....

Further guide me in this regard

Thanks in advance.

Law Aspirant

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

Studying law and practicing law are totally different, you cannot get the formats are practical knowledge while studying law. Your lawyer will be having the ready made formats, whenever you have free time, go through the formats and clarify other details from your lawyer itself or through the seasoned juniors of your lawyer.  Practical issues cannot be taught here, one has to learn by experience..

1 Like

S R SHETTY (MANAGER - LEGAL)     23 October 2014

While preparing sale deeds, you should have complete details of seller(s), buyer(s) and the property details and nature of property, though you may have std format and should go through the docs. Practice makes learning and experience counts. Best of luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register