LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

troubled_soul (no)     04 May 2013

Troubled please guide

I had joined a company in Feb 1st 2011, they made me sign a bond for 2.5 years where 75000rs was the money they wanted incase I broke the bond, they also took two of my original certificates for safety period of 2.5 years. I left the company after 4-5 months and cited personal reasons, I never went back to collect certificates. Today after 2.3 years they sent me a court order where they want to file a case against me. Can you help what can be the probable steps I could take against them as a female?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2013

Were you working with some other company before joining this company?

Did the company issue any acknowledgment of original certificates, and did you ever write to return these to you?

Did you tender notice of resignation/resignation, handed over the charge, and did the company accept your notice/resignation and relieve you?

Approach a competent and experienced labor consultant, with copies of job advertisement, interview call letter, offer letter, appointment letter, bond, legal notice

(Mentioned as court order by you) and give inputs in person.

Let your lawyer reply to the notice and thus put the matter on “Shut up Mode”.

In the meantime you may find the attachments useful.

Attached File : 729058208 417759075 validity of employment bonds.pdf, 729058208 background paper.pdf downloaded: 78 times

troubled_soul (no)     05 May 2013

Thanks Kumar,

Im planning to go and talk to the company in person tomorrow and see how it turns out. Im not going to pay a single penny from my end, as I had intimated them about my not joining part on phone and through e-mail.

I never worked with any company prior to it, I worked as a trainee for 4 months only with this company. 

I happen to go through your attachments, thanks a lot for the same. Is a legal recourse necessary or personal talks and fights will do?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 May 2013

It shall be appropriate to approach a competent and experienced labor consultant, service lawyer/law firm, with copies of job advertisement, interview call letter, offer letter, appointment letter, bond, legal notice, (Mentioned as court order by you) give inputs in person.  Let your lawyer analyze the bond, merits and structure and draft reply to the notice.

You may proceed as deemed fit at your end.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register