Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepthisirisha (MD)     16 October 2013

Trouble with owners

Hi,

I have been living in Tarnaka, Hyderabad in a rented home for the past 4yrs+ with my family..Our troubles with the owners began soon after we moved in...Major issues were

We were promised 24hrs water supply but even to wash hands we need to call and beg them to switch on the motor ...They claim the water tank on top is too small but we were promised a separate one when we moved in...No sight of it even after 4yrs though.

We were promised 24 hr car parking but now his son says we need to park the car outside during day time...even in the nights they go out, return around 12:00 a.m and ring our door bell disturbing our sleep.

Our power supply runs entirely on one phase and more often than not we stay in darkness for over 4hrs each day...While the entire colony has power, we alone are left with mosquitoes and heat for company..It gets worse during summers and with 2 little children aged 5 yrs and 1yr , my husband and I find it very difficult to manage.

We have been paying 8000/- for this good for nothing house and and only reluctance to move out is that my parents stay close by and hence is convenient for us to go to their place should any problem arise as my husband works odd hours.

Please suggest as to what legal action or otherwise can be taken to sort our problem...Thanks.

Regards,

Deepthi.

Learning

2 Replies

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     17 October 2013

Issue legal notice if not responded , you have to go to court. contact   Mobile: 9290673693, Global Legal Services, Hyderabad, Email:globallegalservicesindia@gmail.com

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     25 November 2013

Tenancy rights allow you to force the house owner to provide all that was promised. Though tenancy laws vary from state to state, there are some basic principles that every tenancy arrangement must adhere to. They state that the landlord shall maintain the premises in a good state of repair and fit for habitation during the tenancy and shall comply with a law respecting health, safety or housing. Also the landlord shall not unreasonably interfere with the tenant's peaceful enjoyment of the premises, a common area or the property of which they form a part.
You must send him a formal notice stating that the specifics of your agreement have not been complied with and you will be forced to take legal action if the sorry state of affairs continues. If the house owner still does not comply, you should find a good lawyer to represent your case in the court.

Advocate Ashok Kumar, www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register