Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatesh (CEO)     16 March 2013

Trouble with apartment society in chennai

Dear Sirs,

I stay in an apartment complex in Chennai and the apartment has an adhoc association that is not yet registered. So, legally the association does not exist. I was treasurer for this "informal" association and found that the President of the association was not paying maintenance money through cheques. Rather he claimed that he was giving "cash" to supervisor for emergencies and is adjusting the maintenance payment through that and this whole thing is between him and the supervisor. I tried to insist on cheque payments, which is the way to prove that someone has actually paid the maintenance. But I was not listened to. Also, the President told me in writing that the office bearers' roles will not be according to bye-laws.  I resigned from my role rather than put up with such behaviour, but I am interested in protecting my interests as an apartment owner.

Since the association is not registered, these office bearers cannot pinned down with accountability legally, but they pretty much do whatever they please, without any cheques and balances.

Is there a way I can insist on proof that the office bearers actually pay their maintenance ( through cheques).

Or is the law of the land is such that these guys can get away with anything and everything without an iota of responsibility?

Can I atleast file a case in the consumer court?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register