Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SS Singh   23 June 2017

Tribunal for senior citizens in mumbai

RESPECTED MEMBERS

I am 62 yrs Old Man, I am suffering from Lumber Spondolysis, My Son had abandoned me

I want to claim maintenance under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007

My Questions

1. Where is Tribunal in Mumbai to file my Claim ?

2. My son is separated from his wife (NOT JUDICIALLY SEPARATED) And Both my son and his wife are doing job, can I claim maintenance from both of them (means my son and my daughter in law ) ? in single petition

3. Does any one has format of such petition

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL 

Learning

7 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     23 June 2017

YOU CAN SEEIK  Maintenance from yopur  son or daughter  or under Cr,.P.C section 125(1)(d). But you have no righ tto demand maintennace from your daughter in law. However Senior Ciotizens Act is more beneficilal.. Proceed and file case under Maintenance and Welfare o f parents and Senior Citizens Act.Certainly you'd benefit.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 June 2017

File a hand written/typed simple complaint (no specific format available/required) for your maintenance before your District Collector/Deputy Commissioner (ex-officio Tribunal) under the provisons of Maintenance & Welfare of Parents and Senior Citiazens Act, 2007 against your son/daughter(s) .

However, his wife is not liable to maintain you during life time of your son(s). 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 June 2017

In India, even highly educated young man can not attend himself on a Govt work alone, take the assistance of relative or a social worker.  Apply to Help Age India etc., voluntary organisations (Legal Services Authority is also a good option), they will come and help you with needed support.  There may be many in Mumbai, and search google for such social service organisations that legally help poor senior citizens abandoned .  There is Tata Institute of Social Seiences in Mumbai, they may help you through their students, as they have separate course on this problem.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 June 2017

I completely agree with Dr J.C Vashista and Ms Usha kapoor.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2017

I agree with Ms.Usha kapoor, Dr.J.C.Vashista, Mr.G.L.N.Prasad. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 June 2017

Thank You Mr. Bhartesh Goyal and Mr. Kumar Doab for agreeing with me.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2017

You are welcome Dr.J.C.Vashista.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register