Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     09 February 2011

Trial of Arushi's parents to start from 28th Feb.

No justice in this 'banana republic', say Talwars

New Delhi:  Shocked over the CBI special court ordering their trial for the murder of their teenage daughter Aarushi, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Wednesday said there is no justice in India and that it is a 'banana republic'.

"It is nothing but a banana republic. There is no law in this country," a sobbing Rajesh Talwar told a news channel at his Azad Apartments residence near IIT-Delhi in the southern part of the city.

According to Talwar, a dentist, he has tried everything over the last two-and-half years to prove his innocence.

"I have undergone each and every possible test and I am ready to do every possible thing in this world. Why doesn't anybody try to believe me? We have lost our child and this is what they think of a person who has lost his child. Why are they doing this to us, I cannot understand," he said.

According to Nupur Talwar, who too is a dentist, nobody is thinking about Aarushi and the focus of the case has shifted.

"I am really shocked and horrified by this kind of order. It is unprecedented. I have no words for this kind of thing. It is all about proving our innocence each time. Where is the justice for Aarushi gone? Has anyone ever thought about it?" she asked.

"There is no justice in this country, I don't think so. It will never prevail the way the system works and the way the CBI and other officials work. I hope somewhere in this judicial system someone understands that," said an angry Nupur Talwar.

Speaking about their plans to deal with the court order, she said, "We are so much in shock and very very hurt and pained by this order."

"What am I supposed to respond to? If that's what they want to do and if they think this is what will bring justice to our child, then let them do it," Nupur said.

Rajesh Talwar added, "Somebody has done this to my child and nobody can understand how we have to live without her."

Rejecting a closure report on the murder of Aarushi, a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Wednesday ordered that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for the killing.

They have been summoned to appear in court February 28. 

https://www.ndtv.com/article/india/no-justice-in-this-banana-republic-say-talwars-84525

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12403093

Learning

1 Replies

Samir Jha (Advocate)     10 February 2011

@topic

Somehow I never felt strongly about their innocence. I feel there is more under wraps then what is in open. The reason CBI or any other agency is not been able to find any forensic evidence may be coz talwar's are well accquainted with the procedures and tests conducted to nail an accused. After all they are doctors.

It is a well planned murder otherwise smartest of the criminals leaves some clues but in this case nothing as far as forensic evidence is concerned. That makes me wonder a little beside certain unanswered questions. 

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register