LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (XYZ)     26 August 2015

Transfer of share certificate of public traded company

My father and his friend hold  100 shares of a company listed on the national stock exchange. My father is the second holder and his friend is the first holder.

My fathers friend expired in 1992 and his family has migrated abroad. Recently we requested the share registrars to transfer the 100 shares to my fathers name but they are requesting the death certificate of my fathers friend. We do not know the whereabouts of his family and so cannot provide any death certificate.

I am seeking learned advise as to how to get the shares transferred to my fathers name

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 August 2015

In the case of joint shareholding, the surviving joint holders have to intimate the company about the death of any of the joint shareholders and submit an attested copy of the death certificate. Some companies may ask the surviving shareholders to fill a specific form as stipulated by the company, though under the Companies Act no such form has been prescribed. The company will verify the facts and take cognizance of the death and delete the name of the deceased member from the register of members. Consequently, the remaining shareholder(s) will be recognised as registered holders.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register