Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Property Law > Others > Transfer of residential plot from father to son   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 3 Replies to this message

Siddharth Agrawal

[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted On 07 December 2011 at 11:16 Report Abuse

Hello Everyone,

We had a family property purchased on name of my cousin brother (father's brother Son).  After mutual partition of property, my cousin brother had gifted our share of residential plot to my father by gift deed in order to avoid capital gain Tax.  Now we are planning to construct a house over that and in order to avoid any legal issues/ loan problems in future, my father wants to transfer the residential plot on my name before starting its construction. 

What is the procedure to transfer such residential plot from my father to me without incurring any stamp duty.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards,



To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Advocate Vishnu

[ Scorecard : 1501]
Posted On 07 December 2011 at 12:00 Report Abuse

Dear siddarth,

your father can make a gift deed of the property to you by paying a nominal stamp duty charges . However, if proper stamp duty is paid it is better ,in which case you derive a good title, if any dispute arises in future.

Total thanks : 1 times

Click to Talk

ajay sethi

[ Scorecard : 92445]
Posted On 07 December 2011 at 12:23 Report Abuse

yes your father can execute gift deed in your name . have it duly stamped and registered .

Siddharth Agrawal

[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted On 07 December 2011 at 12:48 Report Abuse


Thanks for your quick reply.



Apart from Gift deed, is there any other way to transfer the property from father to Son. 


We had made gift deed from my cousin to father last month only and therefore my father is not interested in spending double amount on stamp duty. Dont we have any other option apart from Gift deed.




Related Files

Previous Thread
Next Thread

Related Threads

Post your reply for Transfer of residential plot from father to son

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login

Not a member yet ?? Click here to signup



  • This is a public forum. Avoid posting content which you do not wish to disclose in public.
  • Use thank button to convey your appreciation.
  • Maintain professionalism while posting and replying to topics.
  • Try to add value with your each post.

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Forum Home | Forum Portal | Control Center | Who is Where | Popular Threads | Today's Topic | Recent Posts | Today's Posts | Post New Topic | Thread With Files | Top Threads - Month | Unreplied Topics | Forum Stats

web analytics