Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chintan   21 February 2015

Transfer of property of deceased mother to married daughter.

Dear Sir,

My Mother died on 12th sep 2014, i am married and only daughter and flat was on name of my mother at the time of her death, As per my mother she has entitled in her nomination 50% share but my father did not submit the same to the society, as of now the flat has not been transferred to my dad, i need to add my name in the said flat, Please suggest me the procedure for the same and my claim over the flat. My dad has already given application to society for transfer of flat on his name.

Thanks & Regards
Deepali Chintan Nanda

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     22 February 2015

Dear, You can ask your dad to get your name added in the flat thing, I see that there is even nothing wrong on your father getting the flat registered in his name in the society, but not before the registrar .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     22 February 2015

You being heir of mother apart from your father, you are entitle to 50% of your mothers share.  You can write to the society that you  are daughter and claims 50% share  of  mother and hence your name also be included as associate member for the flat

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 February 2015

Well advised by Advocate Mr. Jeevan Patil.  You are entitled to 50% share in your mothers intestate property, so you can write to the society to stop transferring the entire share of the property on your father's name and you can issue a notice to your father seeking partition on the same lines, which will solve the issues when your father realises the gravity of the issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register