LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT JAIN (Sr.Accountant Officer)     17 August 2019

Transfer of property

MY PARENTS HAD A JOINT PROPERTY IN PANCHKULA HARYANA MY MOTHER IS EXPIRED , NOW I WANT TO KNOW HOW WILL BE THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY WE WERE THREE BROTHERS ONE ELDER BROTHER EXPIRED AND HIS WIFE REMARRIED WE WANT FATHER TO BE THE FULL OWNER OF PROPERTY PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT TO DO

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 August 2019

Ji, you, your brother, your late brother's wife ( with children if any) and your father have equal rights over your mother's 1/2 share.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 August 2019

Consult a local advocate, if the property is self acquired by your father and kept in joint names for convenience, he may either gift or write a will to any one after enjoying the property during his life time.  Get the property mutated in Corporation records first.  Without knowing facts and studying the document (Sale deed in your father and mother's name) , it is not possible to give the correct guidance.  (The presumption is that the property is not ancestral as it was named in parent's name who may be having their own income)

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 August 2019

The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post the complete facts.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     19 August 2019

If the property is self acquiered,  then  from such joint property your father can make a will for his share in any of or all of the children ; Reagrding your Mother's share ,if there is no will deed from yher or any other leaglly valid document regarding transfer of her share then her share shall be distributed eaqaully among her husband,snons  and  widowed daugher in law.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 August 2019

Your mother's property share will go to three sons. In case of death his share will go to his wife and children. In this case your father cannot be full owner of property if your late brother's wife disagree. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register