LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kailash Patel   01 July 2015

Transfer of property

I have a industrial property by the name of my Father and my unlce (not in blood relation).

we are 2 brothers and 3 sisiters and Mother who are now the legal heirs of my Father.

I am planning to Gift deed the uncles share in my name (one of the two brothers), will pay 30000 registration fee and the stamp duty that is applicable (5%).

for the remaining 50% of the property that was on my fathers name, i plan to give the society a transfer set, form 17 , form 19, and affidavit stating that all we brothers and sisters have no objection to transfer the property on my mothers name.

Now the thing is that my lawyer tells me that first 50% is ok we can make a gift deed and pay the registration and stamp fee as per the ready recknor., but in case of the remaining 50% form 17 , form 19 and affidavit, will not work , we will have to prepare a deed of release and register it.

i dont know whether that deed of release will attract stamp duty also.

is it necessary for the deed of release ?

by submitting death certificate , form 17, 19 and affidavit and society entrance fees etc. is it not possible to transfer the 50% to my mothers name?

Hope i have made the case clear enough. please guide me.

Learning

1 Replies

Kailash Patel   01 July 2015

forgot to mention that my father has expired.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register